A few days ago Thierry Henry explained the ‘Guardiola method’ in a very educational video , Sunday exfutbolista Arsenal and Barcelona, among others, glossed the details of his philosophy of the game in a lengthy article in the newspaper ‘ The Sun ‘.
In it, Henry is pleased that the Premier will receive next year ” one of the best coaches of all time “and ensure no doubt that if he were president of an English club, Pep would be their number one candidate dock. “Without discussion”.
“The Premier will be a completely different competition when Guardiola arrives. His teams not only won the league, but absolutely dominate. Comes with a plan, take control of the club and leave a lasting legacy that persists long after it go, “explains the French, saying that after five years between Barcelona and Bayern, Pep is” even better coach. ”
From this start, Henry reels with great detail five key points of Guardiola method: philosophy, system, Discipline, Preparation and ‘Coaching’.
- Philosophy : Henry defines the philosophy of Guardiola as the three ‘P’: Pass the ball, keep possession and play position. “This is to defend high output pressure on the opposing team and steal the ball as fast as possible. For him, winning is a consequence of playing well, respecting the plan and keeping possession and playing position.”
- System : The French former player Guardiola stressed that commitment to fill the midfield players, sometimes using even a 2-5-3 system as seen this season at Bayern Munich. “With Neuer libero, the plants can throw the highest line knowing you are covered. Their ends are held up well and peeled to expand the field.
- Discipline : “Guardiola is an absolute professional on and off the field and requires the same of each of his players, “he sums up Henry, detailing Pep forbade his players to” see the F1 or tennis matches “because it implied spend hours the sun or “out after midnight.” ” If I had business commitments, my agent had to send an email to Pep for permission. He never said no, but wanted to know what we were doing. It sounds like a fanatic of absolute control, but that was never the case, ” He added the Frenchman, who is clear that these rules of conduct made them better players.
- Preparation : Thierry Henry explained what was the objective of the training Guardiola: “Learn what the coach expected of his game, put every ounce of energy in training and pay full attention to all the details.” “People know that the ball used his tricks, movies and objectives, but may not know the care that puts you in defensive work and all its instructions for each player is in the right place,” explained the Frenchman, who also had an impact Guardiola knew how to deal with the egos of a template with many stars.
- Personal contact : The French exfutbolista recalled the conversation he had at the time with Pep Guardiola and allowed him to show its best at the club. “Their strategy worked. After speaking with him I scored a hat trick and ended up scoring 100 goals being the three forwards”.